NEONATAL SOCIETY ABSTRACTS: 2008
The following abstracts were presented in 2008. Abstracts are indexed alphabetically, according to name of first author. The meetings are ordered chronologically, in the order spring-summer-autumn.
2008 Spring Meeting, London
These abstracts were presented at the Neonatal Society 2008 Spring Meeting (programme).
- Neutrophil oxidative burst in response to chemical and bacterial stimulation in
preterm infants and expression of adhesion molecules
Ahmed I, Walker K, Thomas A, Midgley P
- Towards effective capacity planning in a perinatal network centre
Asaduzzaman MD, Chaussalet TJ, Hawdon J, Wood D, Robertson NJ
- Thalamo-cortical growth
patterns in preterm at term equivalent age
Durighel G, Xue H, Allsop J, Counsell S, Srinivasan L, Rutherford M
- The effect of elective caesarean delivery, near-to-term, on liver metabolism 7 days post-partum
Hyde MJ, Griffin JL, Clarke L, Kemp PR
- The EPICure Study: implications for respiratory health at age 11 after
extremely preterm birth
Lum S, Kirkby J, Welsh L, Marlow N, Costeloe K, Stocks J
- Are multiple births less likely to breast feed at discharge than singletons?
Morrison J, Uthaya S, De Vega I, Hockley C, Quigley M, Modi N
- Early measurement of N-terminal pro brain natriuretic peptide predicts haemodynamically significant patent ductus arteriosus in preterm infants
Ramakrishnan S, Heung YM, Round J, Williams AF
- A semi-automated method for rapid non-invasive internal organ weight estimation by post mortem magnetic resonance imaging in fetuses, newborns and children
Thayyil S, Schievano S, Robertson NJ, Jones R, Sebire NJ, Taylor AM
- Differential effects of the timing of maternal nutrient restriction on
cell proliferation and glucocorticoid sensitivity in the ovine placenta
Yiallourides M, Sebert S, Rhind SM, Rae MT, Stephenson T, Symonds ME, Budge H
2008 Summer Meeting, Harrogate
The abstracts presented at the Neonatal Society 2008 Summer Meeting (programme) were published in a supplement of Archives of Disease in Childhood Fetal & Neonatal Edition, reference Arch Dis Child F&N 2008;93 (Supplement 1).
2008 Autumn Meeting, London
These abstracts were presented at the Neonatal Society 2008 Autumn Meeting (programme).
- Somatosensory cortical activation in the premature brain identified with functional MRI and a programmable hand interface
Arichi T, Melendez A, Moraux A, Doria V, Burdet E, Beckmann CF, Edwards AD
- Spontaneous activity in the developing preterm brain detected by resting state functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Doria V, Beckmann CF, Rees G, Nunes RG, Merchant N, Counsell S, Edwards AD
- Measurement of reduced ventilation: perfusion (V/Q) ratio and shunt to categorise BPD: Is it repeatable?
Gupta A, Stenson B, Jones JG, Hoo AF, Costeloe K, Chittenden JJ, Lum S, Stocks J
- A randomised study to validate a mid-spinal canal depth nomogram in neonates
Hills MH, Murray MJ, Arthurs OJ, Kelsall W
- First week post-partum lipid intake and hepatic lipid storage
Hyde MJ, Vasu V, Thomas EL, Clarke L, Bell J, Modi N, Kemp PR
- Non-invasive estimation of brain deep grey matter temperature using localised proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy in normothermic and hypothermic newborn infants
Kendall G, Bainbridge A, De Vita E, Hagmann C, Kapetanakis A, Cady E, Robertson NJ
- Thalamo-cortical connectivity in the developing preterm brain assessed using probabilistic diffusion tractography
Kerr J, Dudink J, Paterson K, Merchant N, Allsop JM, Rutherford MA, Counsell SJ, Edwards AD
- A system for magnetic resonance examination of very low birth weight infants who do not require mechanical ventilation
Merchant N, Edwards AD, Groves A, Counsell S, Hajnal J, Srinivasan L, Thomson MA, Allsop J, Rutherford M, Boardman JP
- Optimisation of volume targeting in infants with acute RDS
Patel DS, Walker S, Lee S, Hannam S, Rafferty G, Greenough A
- A restricted range of microorganisms in the fetal membranes associated with preterm birth
Tan S, Nilsson C, Tang C, Li YW, Sullivan M, Lee C, Lim YW, Raun YJ, Hibberd M, Edwards AD
- Does the addition of chlorpromazine or morphine affect symptom scores in babies with neonatal abstinence syndrome already receiving a single agent?
Twigg S, Smith ZA, Kempley ST
- Preterm nutrition and cerebral vessel tortuosity at term equivalent age
Vasu V, Durighel G, Uthaya S, Bell JD, Rutherford MA, Modi N
- Changes in volume guarantee ventilation during surfactant administration
Wheeler K, Kamlin O, Morley C, Davis P